Apr 14, 2009

Honey for My Honey!

My husband is always telling folks about how being married to me is like living in a fine restaurant! I'm humbled and appreciative that he loves my cooking so much but I can't take all the credit. When it comes to planning meals or thinking about what to cook next, I sometimes draw a blank despite my collection of recipes. He, on the other hand, can find some of the best, easy to make, great tasting recipes I have ever tried.

Here is one that he recommended and one he really enjoys! I like to serve this chicken with yummy wild rice and fresh brussel sprouts with a light butter sauce...YUM!!

Sorry...I don't have a picture of this dish but I make it often. I'll post a pic next time!

Only 6 ingredients!

1 3 lb chicken, cut into pieces
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup Inglehoffer Stone Ground Mustard (or any Dijon mustard...I prefer the stone ground for those little bits of flavor!)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

-Preheat oven to 350ยบ.
-Place chicken pieces in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish
-In a medium size bowl, combine butter, honey, mustard, salt and pepper.
-Mix well with a whisk to combine all flavors and then spread over chicken.
-Bake, 1 hour, basting with pan juices every 15 minutes, until chicken is tender and golden brown.

Enjoy!

No comments: