Nov 2, 2007

Flowers and What They Mean

SMW Does Flowers too!
Here are some names of flowers and their meaning:

Baby’s breath = Everlasting love
Calla lily = Magnificent beauty
Carnation (pink) = Woman’s love
Carnation = Pure love
Cornflower = Delicacy
Crocus = Cheerfulness
Daisy = Innocence
Fern = Magic
Forget-me-not = Remember me
Freesia = Innocence
Hyacinth = Sport and play
Iris = I have a message for you
Ivy = Friendship
Lady’s mantle = Comfort
Lilac = First emotions of love
Lily-of-the-valley = Return of happiness
Orchid = Beauty
Pansy = You’re in my thoughts
Peony = Bashful
Peppermint = Warmth of feeling
Ranunculus = Radiant with charms
Rose (white) = I am worthy of you
Rose = Love
Rosemary = Remembrance
Snowdrop = Hope
Sweet pea = Delicate pleasures
Sweet violet = Modesty
Sweet William = Sensitivity
Tulip (pink) = Caring
Tulip (variegated) = Beautiful eyes
Tulip = Declaration of love
Violet (blue) = Faithfulness



Happy Planning!

No comments: