Jun 24, 2008

I'm Baaaack!!!!

So sorry to have been gone so long. I've had to take a short break over the last few weeks for health reasons. I guess burning the candles at both ends was catching up with me and my body finally said, "hey!!"

I recently found out that I suffer from a sleeping disorder called Sleep Apnea...

Untreated, sleep apnea can cause high blood pressure and other cardiovascular disease, memory problems, weight gain, impotency, and headaches. Moreover, untreated sleep apnea may be responsible for job impairment and motor vehicle crashes. Fortunately, sleep apnea can be diagnosed and treated.

I knew I was a snorer but I didn't realize that it was interfering with the rest I was getting each night. My case is medium to severe, which basically means that I stop breathing for more than 10 seconds an average of 27-30 times each night! So although I was sleeping, I was getting restful or recovery sleep. My body was spending all my stored energy trying to breathe!!



So now? I have to wear a CPAP machine each night. It helps me breathe by producing a steady flow of air into my nostrils. Now my airways don't close so I keep breathing and I get the proper rest I need.

I resisted wearing the mask at first...it makes me look like a space alien! :) But it has really helped. I've used it for a few weeks now and I'm almost used to it. The goal is to get the rest I need so that I can start working out again, which in turn will give me more energy. Hopefully I won't have to wear this contraption forever but for now, it will have to do!

Hubby took me away on vacation for a few weeks so that I could rejuvenate and get back on track. We had a great time and I'm fired up and ready to go!

Look for new and exciting things over the next few days as I catch up. The topics I'll be bringing you up to speed on are:

  • Pictures from the Bridal Show we did in the beginning of the month...

  • A sneak peek at our website redesign...

  • The launch of our new, bi-monthly newsletter...

  • And much, much more!

See you soon!

1 comment:

Justine Miller Photography said...

Aww hugs to you, enjoy your vacation!