Jan 25, 2008

Shall We Dance?

I remember the dance I had with my dad when I got married in 2004. We danced to Luther Vandross' Dance With My Father. I was a teary eyed MESS! But it is one of the most memorable moments in my life. My dad passed away in September of last year and I am so thankful that he was able to meet my wonderful husband and have peace of mind that I was in good hands!



These shots are of Micaela and her dad dancing in front of 300 family and friends last June. With that many pairs of eyes on him, you would think that he would have been a bit shy. Not this dapper dude! He wasn't shy about it at all and as you can see, he even wowed us by giving Micaela a little twirl. They had so much fun with it. It was a very touching and special moment for them both.

Make sure you honor your dad or favorite father figure with a special song to dance to. That moment will live in your heart forever.

Here are a few favorites so you can choose the tune just right for you and YOUR DAD!

1. Butterfly Kisses - Bob Carlisle
2. Daddy's Little Girl - Al Martino
3. Unforgettable - Natalie Cole
4. Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler
5. Because You Loved Me - Celine Dion
6. The Way You Look Tonight - Frank Sinatra or Tony Bennett
7. Daddy's Hands - Holly Dunn
8. What a Wonderful World - Louie Armstrong
9. Through the Years - Kenny Rogers
10. My Girl - Temptations
11. Hero Mariah - Carey
12. Have I Told You Lately - Van Morrison
13. Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
14. Daughter of Mine - John McDermott
15. Time of Your Life - Green Day
16. Isn't She Lovely - Stevie Wonder
17. A Song for My Daughter - Mikki Viereck
18. You're the Inspiration - Chicago
19. My Special Angel - Bobby Helms
20. You Decorated My Life - Kenny Rogers

2 comments:

One Love Photo said...

I love the Father /Daughter dance! It is the sweetest thing to capture. Here is a little post about a pretty funny Father/Daughter dance I shot in the fall.

http://onelovephoto.typepad.com/heathergilson/2007/11/thornwood-castl.html

Unknown said...

I agree...it's great also because it's Dad's time to shine! :)