Nov 21, 2007

Give Thanks!



This morning I smiled at a young mother that was on her way to see the doctor. She looked to be about 7 or 8 months pregnant and she had a 3 year old with her. She looked tired and sad. Her little one wanted to push the elevator button so I picked her up so she could reach it and both she and her mom smiled at the accomplishment. Then the mother said, "Thank you...I wouldn't have been able to pick her up and she loves to push the elevator button." It was such a small thing, but obviously she appreciated the gesture. And it made me feel good just to see that little angel and her mom smile!

Have you ever noticed that the holiday for giving thanks comes before the holiday of giving? The atmosphere of this time of year is one that should surround us each and every day. We get so caught up in the business of being "busy" that we forget about those who are less fortunate and the things they struggle for each day just to survive. I thank God that I have a job that I love and family to spend time with...my heart aches for those who don't.

This year, give of yourselves...money isn't always the answer...and you'll be blessed just to make someone smile!

On this Thanksgiving Day I want to thank all of YOU...my family, friends and my clients for a wonderfully, prosperous year! But most of all, I want to thank God for giving me the talent and the smarts to do what I love to do!

Have a safe and joyous Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments: