Jan 13, 2009

Are You a Foodie?

I'm an avid cook and confessed foodie! I admit it...I LOVE food! I'm always looking to try new and exciting dishes...especially Italian!...and you can find me watching and mimicking lots of the stars on The Food Network every Saturday. It's nothing for me to see a recipe on "Every Day Italian" with Giada and then run to the store to buy all of the ingredients to make what ever dish she just made. Happens all the time!

But recently, I discovered this interesting new website (and blog), called "the six o'clock Scramble" that happens to be a GREAT resource for that resolution you just made to eat healthy, stop wasting food and save money. Oh...wait! That was MY resolution! :) And for all you brides out there trying to fit into your wedding gown, this service may be just what you're looking for.

6 o'clock Scramble

Anyway, its an online dinner planning service that is affordable and fun. For less than $60 a year you can receive weekly:

-Five family-tested, healthy and delicious and quick DINNER RECIPES THAT TAKE 30 MINUTES OR LESS TO PREPARE

-An ORGANIZED GROCERY LIST so you can grocery shop just once per week

-A SEARCHABLE DATABASE where you can customize your weekly dinner plan

-Your own personal RECIPE BOX where you can save your family's favorites 30 minute meals

-A newsletter with USEFUL TIPS for easier mealtimes, snacks and lunches

-NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION for each recipe to help you take charge of your health

...and more!

There's been some good press on this service...even Oprah has given it her blessing. Here is a sample menu:

Sample Scramble Menu

Check it out and let me know what you think!

Happy Planning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been subscribing to the Scramble since early December and love the way it makes me plan my meals for the week ahead. Even better, my two sons love going on the site with me and picking recipes for the week.